Friday, October 14, 2011

What's cookin', good lookin'?



The other night, I wanted to make a cheap, easy, quick dinner for the family and myself. I figured you can never go wrong with Chicken and Steak Quesadillas with a side of spanish rice, black beans and corn! Yum!!
First get all your ingredients together. Since I wanted a quick way to make this, I bought already cooked chicken and steak strips and instant spanish rice. You'll also need: 1 green pepper, 1 onion, flour tortillas, can of black beans, and mexican blend shredded cheese. Oh, and a tomato :)
Now, chop up the onion, tomato, and green pepper
While you're chopping away, start to cook the chicken and steak strips in saute pans over medium heat. Also, there's not a picture here, but cook the rice according to the package, and put the black beans in a sauce pan, season with whatever you like (I used adobo, garlic powder and a bit of pepper) and let warm up for at least 10 minutes.
When that's all done, take a torilla, add cheese, peppers, onion, meat and tomato, top with another tortilla and cook in pan on medium-high heat. Flip the quesadilla after 3-5 minutes to cook other side. Remove from heat and repeat with others.

Serve with the rice, corn and black beans and VOILA! yummmmaayyyy! If you're like me, I eventually mixed my rice with the beans and corn. As you can see, I was running low on tortillas so i used one tortilla and made it kind of like what you would do with an omelet. Lastly, SHOVE YOUR FACE! EMBRACE YOUR INNER FOOD LOVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment